White privilege is “greatest —-” lists.
- “Greatest movies” - mostly movies about white people.
- “Greatest actors/actresses” - mostly white people.
- “Greatest musicians” - mostly white people.
- “Greatest authors” - mostly white people.
- “Greatest books” - mostly about white people.
- “Greatest inventions” - mostly white people (and mostly wrongly credited too).
White privilege is being told you are the greatest contribution to society over and over again.
I’m reminded of a class I had to take as a gen ed requirement called Great Works in American Literature. Funny how these “great works” were written only by white males.